About our Business
Inrange® was founded by a group of highly respected South African engineers who used their expertise in the world of radar and radio telescopes to develop the most advanced, accurate and reliable golf tracking system in the world. Beyond its advanced hardware, the company is focused on providing the best user experience possible through its interactive app and in-bay displays. The goal when developing the system was to provide golf’s newcomers an experience that would leave them hungry for more, while giving serious players a focused way to improve their handicap with every session. This is achieved through a variety of fun games enjoyable for all skill levels. We are part of a larger family of companies within the Alphawave group, based in Technopark, Stellenbosch and London, UK.
As a support technician, you will be monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks for our Inrange sites across the USA (and potentially further afield) in a technical support role. If there are any issues or upgrades required, such as machines going offline, network and internet issues or upgrades, you will be the first line support. Tasks may include installing and configuring Inrange software and other computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face and logging any issues onto our helpdesk platform. Our clients rely on Inrange running efficiently with maximum uptime and minimum time taken to resolve any issues. Your role as first line technical support is vital to ensure the operational efficiency of our client sites. This role does require the applicant to have a valid USA driving licence and some form of transportation as traveling is an essential part of the job. A USA passport is also desirable.
- Working with clients/colleagues to identify technical problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of client/colleague queries
- Analysing these records so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Updating our online support documents so colleagues can troubleshoot any problems
- Working on site with colleagues to diagnose and solve problems, as well as installing upgrades
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment
- Monitoring all clients’ systems in your area
- Making sure all the systems are working properly and logging those that are not
- Doing technical maintenance at the various ranges as is required. This involves getting a toolbox and various equipment to site and then repairing, installing or replacing those items.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Good GCSE grades in English, Maths and IT or Science.
- An additional computing course: BTEC, National Certificate or Diploma
- Independent problem solver and analytical thinker
- Ability to work under pressure
- Dependable, responsible and collaborative
- Supportive Team Player
- Fast learner
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to explain your approach and the process you follow
- Excitement about technology
We are looking for candidates that have experience in the following:
- Good understanding and being comfortable working on computers with a Linux operating system and being able to install/replace various computer components.
Beneficial Technical Experience
General understanding of fibre in network environments.
A good understanding of network infrastructure:
- Cabling ○UPS
- Wifi AP’s
- Computer hardware
- Able to work well in a team as well as individually
- Attention to detail, and able to think creatively outside the box
- Able to accurately plan and prioritise work
- Excited about learning, pushing technical limits and finding new solutions
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Being able to communicate with clients in a professional manner.
- Software development expertise
- We would like the successful candidate to start working on or before 1 August 2021
- Travel to local and international sites may be required on an ad hoc basis
- Permanent role with a competitive package.
Apply at email@example.com. Once we receive your application, we will strive to review it within a few days. If you meet the minimum requirements, we may contact you to set up a first interview.