Inrange® was founded by a group of highly respected South African engineers who used their expertise in the world of radar and radio telescopes to develop the most advanced, accurate and reliable golf tracking system in the world.
Beyond its advanced hardware, the company is focused on providing the best user experience possible through its interactive app and touchscreen displays. The goal when developing the system was to provide golf’s newcomers an experience that would leave them hungry for more, while giving serious players a focused way to improve their handicap with every session. This is achieved through a variety of fun games enjoyable for all skill levels.
We are part of a larger family of companies within the Alphawave group, based in Technopark, Stellenbosch and London, UK.
We are looking for a senior back end developer to join the Inrange product team within the larger Alphawave Golf team.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment as well as interaction with the hardware development teams.
As a senior back end developer you should be well versed in the building and operation of cloud based production systems utilising a microservice based infrastructure and have a preference for leading and empowering others while being very involved in day to day software development.
This role is a fast developing one in a fast moving startup so you will have the opportunity and responsibility to contribute to the development of software which is already enjoyed by thousands of people every day across 5 continents.
Back end development
- Full stack back end development (services to data reporting)
- Scope and write reusable and testable code
- Unit and acceptance test coverage
- Contribute to back end code architecture and design
System scaling and production management
- Cloud infrastructure resource optimisation and management
- Service development and optimisation
- Extension and optimisation of data sources and outputs for analytics
- Work within an agile development team process and structure
- Coaching and development of junior team members
- Support for recruitment and onboarding of junior developers
Key Contribution Areas
- System responsiveness
- Player facing feature development
- Data optimisation
- Code review and collaboration
- Architecture contribution
- High quality code
- Release quality
- Issue management
- Coaching and development
- Recruitment support
We are looking for candidates that have experience in the following:
- Design and development of production systems
- Docker and serverless stack
- Cloud infrastructure management (esp AWS)
- Database design and build
- Data engineering
- Microservice design and development
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Relevant technical qualification. Hons. or higher is preferable. Good academic performance
- Agile team experience
- Operationally focused
- Customer oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well in a team as well as individually
- Attention to detail, and able to think creatively outside the box
- Able to accurately plan and prioritise work
- Love for technology and solving new problems with limited support
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
The fine print
- Location ideally within the Western Cape, South Africa but due to the remote nature of many members of the team the role can be an international one within certain timezone constraints
- Permanent role with a competitive package
- Apply at email@example.com
Once we receive your application, we will strive to review it within a few days. If you meet the minimum requirements, we may contact you to set up a first interview.